The Old Stone Jail Museum The Holland Page Place Walking Tour of Historic Palmyra
 
About Us
Contact Us
Events
Archives
Volunteers
In the News
Bookstore
Membership
Links
Home

The Holland Page Place

Holland Page Place door.
Front door to the Holland Page Place log cabin.

The Holland Page Place is a post Civil War log cabin built by John Benjamin Page in 1865.  The property includes both farmland and woods  surrounding the cabin.  John W. Holland  bought the property in 1934,  and in 1998, Mrs. Sara Holland Loving generously donated the cabin and 8 acres to the Society.  With a very generous grant from an anonymous donor, the Society was able to restore the cabin to the period 1865, and to tell the story of everyday farm life in Fluvanna just after the Civil War.  In November of 2006, the Society won the Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities (APVA)   2006 Public Preservation  Project of the Year Award for the excellent restoration of the cabin.  Teddy Bance of Fluvanna County, a renowned restoration expert, completed the project for the Society in November, 2006, after 6 months work.  The cabin opened May 26, 2007, interpreting an agrarian life on the homestead in the period after the Civil War.  Classes and workshops for children in early crafts of the 19th century are planned for the future. 

Holland Page Place duriing restoration
Holland Page Place during restoration.

Holland Page is open by appointment and also on the first Sundays during months of June through September. Please call Judy Mickelson, Director of Museums, for more information. All tours begin at Maggie’s House. 434.589.7910. See Events for more info on special hours.

Site by Bald Guy Studio Fluvanna County Historical Society